Today I'm linking up with Miss Elaine-ous Life for some Old School Blogging. This month the questions are HARD, but very interesting.
1. Are you young at heart or an old soul?I try to be young at heart as often as possible because I think it's much more fun to go through life that way. My boys probably wish I would be young at heart a little less often though since I tend to embarrass them frequently. My husband is definitely an old soul, but maybe that's why we get along so well.
2. Tell me about a movie/book that has changed your life.The Shawshank Redemption. I argued with my husband about seeing this movie for the first time, because I'm not a huge fan of Stephen King. But afterwards I cried and cried. It's such a beautiful story about hope and forgiving yourself, which is something that I work on constantly.
3. Would you like to reconnect with any friends you've lost contact with?There are a few people from my elementary years in North Carolina that I think about now and again. I live thirty minutes from the town where I went to high school, so it's pretty easy to find someone if I want. I'm not even on Facebook, so I guess the answer is no?
4. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?Grandma Matthews' house in Concord, California. I can still remember everything about it - the smell, the graham cracker cookies she kept in the refrigerator, the big backyard. When we had to move her out a few years ago, it was one of the saddest days of my life.
5. Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people?I do much better one on one since I tend to get intimidated in a large group and keep to myself. Which sort of defeats the whole purpose.
6. What's your "quirkiest" habit?Oh my goodness, there are many because I'm so OCD! I type words out in my head (very strange, I know), I can't go to bed at night unless the kitchen is clean, I make my husband wake me up to say goodbye in the morning, even when he's leaving at 4:30am. I could go on, but you might think I'm too weird and stop reading my blog!
7. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?How much my older son has matured and grown. I hardly even recognize him these days. Oh, and our trip to Disney World because there's nothing I love more than being on vacation with my guys.
8. What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning?At this point in my life, I'm not using either one very well. Anxiety kind of takes over instead. Normally, I should use my intuition more, because it's usually right. I can reason something out ad nauseum if you let me.
9. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?Veraci Pizza in Seattle. They make an "Earth Pie" with olive oil, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and feta cheese. I think I could eat it every single day. And I wish I had one right now.
10. What was the last song that was stuck in your head?Something Latin from Zumba class. I don't know what it's called and I know I have the words wrong, but I've been singing "my pookaloo, pookaloo, my pookaloo" all day.
11. What is your ethnic heritage?A little bit of everything - German, English, Irish. No Scandinavian, although everyone assumes due to my last name and because I'm blond (well, sorta, as long as I keep visiting my colorist). I just say I'm Norwegian by marriage.
12. Give me the story of your life in six words.
The best is yet to come.