It's officially spring, and my friends at The Blended Blog will be sharing some Spring Time Fun on Mondays during April and May. We hope you'll link up with us!
If you're craving April showers, look no further than my hometown of Seattle. With an average yearly rainfall of 38 inches, we've got gray skies and rain a plenty! Here's what you'll need when you visit the Emerald City...
- A pretty raincoat. Make sure it has a hood, so you don't get drenched on those quick dashes from the car. This Topshop rain jacket is the perfect weight for spring, and has adorable pink piping.
- A small umbrella. True Seattleites rarely carry an umbrella, because it's too much of a hassle. But a small bumbershoot like this one from Lily Pulitzer would fit in your bag, and might save the day during a heavy downpour.
- A happy light. During winter and early spring, the days can be long, dark, and gray. Sometimes a little portable light therapy is a must have, and this one from Verilux provides a quick dose of sunshine on a cloudy day.
- Waterproof boots. The key to staying warm and happy is dry feet. These Sakroots Waterproof Rain Boots come in a bunch of cute patterns, and are a fraction of the cost of a pair of Hunters.
- A hot cup of coffee. Or in my case, hot chocolate, since I'm the only person in Seattle who doesn't like coffee. With over 1,600 coffee shops in the city, you won't have to wait long for a toasty beverage to warm you from the inside out.
Seattle is a wonderful city to visit, no matter the season. As long as you're prepared, there's no reason for the rain to stop you from having a great time!
Head over to Deena's at Shoes To Shiraz for her month in numbers and April Showers post. Join us and link up your Spring Time Fun below, and come back next week for Signs of Spring!
Linking up with Between Naps on the Porch